Monday, January 9, 2012

Best Stuffed Mushrooms Ever


I recently made these for a little get together I was having, and they were so good, that a friend asked me to make them the following week for a party she was having! I was so excited! I of course agreed, and thought they were even easier and better the second time I made them. I will absolutely be making these again- as soon as I get the excuse chance! Plus, you can make them ahead of time, then just fill the mushroom cavities before you bake it- which is very convenient!
I found these via Pinterest, and low and behold, they were another of the famed Pioneer Woman's recipes, so you know they are going to be good!

Here's what you'll need:
-24 oz white button mushrooms
-1/3 pounds hot pork sausage (I love sausage, so I actually used a little more)
-1/2 whole medium white onion, diced
-4 cloves minced garlic OR 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic from the jar
-1/3 cup dry white wine
-8 oz cream cheese (just a block)
-1 whole egg yolk
-3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)

Let's get started!

1. Clean mushrooms, remove stems
2. Chop/dice stems, set aside
3. Brown  and crumble sausage, set aside to cool
4. add onions, and garlic to the same skillet you used to cook the sausage, cook 2 minutes on medium heat
5. Pour wine in to de-glaze the pan, allowing liquid to evaporate
6. Add chopped mushroom stems to pan, cook 2 minutes, add salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
7. Combine cream cheese and egg yolk  in a bowl, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add cooled sausage and mushroom stems as you continue to stir together
8. Refrigerate to firm up (The time just depends on how much time you have. I've left them for 30 min and 24 hours, it doesn't make a difference)
9. Smear mixture into the cavity of each mushroom
10. Bake on a foil lines cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees (use one with edges so the little mushrooms don't roll off!)
Remove, allow to cool 10 minutes before serving
ENJOY!


De stemming the mushrooms

diced up the mushroom stems- I didn't use all of them. Just use your best judgement

 Brown the sausage

Cooking the onions, garlic, and adding the wine

Cream cheese and egg yolk

Stirring it all together

Serve your finished product on a Christmas festive tray!

No comments:

Post a Comment