Friday, June 14, 2013

Charlie is 9 Months Old!

I have been feeling a little emotional about Charlie this week. Now that school is out, I have been able to be with him at home all week, and to say that I have loved every single second is an understatement. This is what I was born to do.... Then we went in for his 9 months wellness check yesterday, and the doctor was concerned that his head had grown a little too much. She ordered a CT scan on his head to make sure he didn't have any fluid on his brain. It was a scary and stressful day spent in prayer and anxious waiting, but we found out that he was just fine, and we just need to keep an eye on that noggin of his. So, because of all these things and emotions, I feel that a love letter to my baby is the perfect post to recap his 9th month.
My love letter to Charlie...
 
My angel, I love you more than you could ever know. I love you to the depths of my soul, and I have been filled with happiness from the moment you were born. When I look at you, my heart warms and I know that you are truly a miracle and gift from God. The bond and love I feel for you is something I never could have imagined. You are my heart beating outside of my chest. You are all things beautiful in this world. You are a constant prayer of thanksgiving.
Charlie, are really growing up before our very eyes, and I am so proud of you. Over the past couple of weeks, you have learned so many new things. You can now point to things, play peek-a-boo, clap, wave "hello" and "bye-bye", and you are beginning to understand the meaning of mama and dada. You are so close to crawling, and I know you will be there before we know it! When you do these things, I cannot put into words the pride I feel for you. I am overcome. You are so smart, and I know that you have so much more to learn and discover.
There are so many things that I love about you. You are always happy! I love that you smile when your daddy or I enter the room. I love that you flirt with everyone in your adorable, shy, way. Your cute little face that you make when you say "Ooooo", your grunts and arm waving when you are excited, your love for your kitties, Sunny and Sadie, and your big dog, Buddy, are all so sweet. I absolutely adore your toothy grin, too. You have 6 teeth now! You love to talk and make lots of noise, and you are so good at making clicking noises with your tongue, saying ma-ma, da-da, ke-ke, ge-ge, de-der, ba-ba, and blowing rasberries with your lips. I love it. I especially love when you reach for me, I pick you up, and then you bury your face into my shoulder. You are such a snuggle bear! Your smile, your laugh, your babble, your expressions, and yes, even your pouty face are all precious gifts that I will always treasure.
Your father and I know we are complete with you, our angel.  You are our everything, and you bring so much happiness to us. When we play with you, we look at each other and say "how could life get any better than this?" But we know it can, and it will, because you are in our lives, and it will forever be changed for the better.
I love you so much, my precious baby,
Mommy

Of course I had to include some pictures!!

Working on crawling

His hilarious "oooo" face!
 
Just being cute















 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Sweet Sweet letter you wrote to Charlie--brought tears to my eyes:) He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete