Sunday, August 18, 2013

Charlie is 11 Months!

 


My little turkey!
 
 
 

What a ham!

Walking around the house!

 

Where did this year go? It went by so fast! I can't believe that my little baby is almost a year old, and that I'm planning his birthday party already. I think I'll probably always think of him as my little baby, though!
Charlie sure is growing up fast! It seems like even in the last week he's changed so much.

Here's a little recap of what Charlie's up to these days:

Loves-
  • Crawling like a speed racer! He army crawls on the wood floors and crawls normally on the carpet- its so funny!
  • Pulling up on everything, and standing up! He stands great with just one hand on the couch, and even stood by himself for a few seconds today!
  • His kitties, Sunny, and Sadie. The feeling is definitely mutual, too, because they come and sit next to him all the time and sit there as he "pats" (more like hits) them and pulls on their tails. I think they actually like it! (I know Sadie does!) He likes Buddy, our dog, too, but Buddy doesn't subject himself to the abuse that the cats do. :)
  • His tongue. He sticks it out all the time and plays with it. He even tries to grab it with his hands!
  • He loves to walk between your legs while you are holding his hands- that's one of his favorites!
  • Still loves to snuggle and cuddle! He gives the biggest hugs that honestly warm your soul. He has so much love in his heart! He will sit in my lap and listen to me read board books to him all the time. Sweet baby!
  • He has so much fun playing peek-a-boo behind a door. He will close it, then when he opens it, he'll peek around to see if you're there! So cute!
  • Waving all the time! He waves hello, bye-bye, and night-night. I really think he is starting to understand what those words mean.
  • He shakes his head no, and is starting to understand when I say "no-no" because he usually stops what he's doing, looks at me, and shakes his head no! Hilarious!
  • He adores Mickey Mouse Club House. Just typing that out makes me sing that them song in my head. He loves it, and when we sing it to him (which is all the time) he starts dancing!
  • Pointing at everything, especially people he knows. He can point on command to mommy and daddy.
  • He loves playing "where's my nose?" He is so good at it!
  • Playing with his daddy... no one can make him laugh like his daddy can! He likes making silly faces with him, and he always dances when Daddy sings.
  • Favorite book is still If I Were a Puppy. He gets so excited when I put him on my lap to read it.

Playing with Sunny
 
Silly guy!
 
Look at those teeth!
 
Silly faces with Daddy
 
Reading with Mommy
 
Walking around the house!
 
 
 
 
Other big news:
-Charlie cut his first molar this month, and let me tell you- that was tough on the poor kid! We had several tough nights and fussy days, but it finally came through. Now that's here, he is finally able to sleep well again. He is back to his two naps a day one at 10, the other at 2, for an hour, and sleeping from 7:30-7:30.
-Charlie moved into his new house this month! He LOVES the extra space to crawl and walk around in. We are still looking for a coffee table, but part of me isn't in too much of a rush because Charlie loves all the extra rug space in the den for his toys!  He didn't even skip a beat when we had him sleeping in his pack and play for a few nights because we couldn't out together the crib until the new carpet was installed. Such a good little guy!
-Charlie starts Mother's Day out at the Prestonwood CLC in a couple of weeks! Its just Tues/Thurs, and I'll be teaching a class right down the hall. :)

We hope you all are enjoying your summer as much as we are!






No comments:

Post a Comment