Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hot hawaiian Ham and Cheese Melts

ham and cheese sliders with poppyseed dressing. Um, yes, please
This is one of my favorite appetizers to make for parties! My mom gave this one to me right before I had my first get together at my house. It is small, easy to eat, and yet filling! If you lay everything out assembly line style, like I did, they are pretty easy and relatively quick to make!
I apologize in advance- I didn't take a picture of the mini-sandwiches all moist, warm, and delicious- I baked them right before a party that I was giving and was a little busy at the time- so the picture above isn't really mine- but it IS what they looked like! The ones belove ARE all mine, though.

Here's what you'll need:
3-4 packages of Hawaiian dinner rolls-12 to a package (I used 4 packages)
2 sticks of butter
3 tbs poppy seeds (optional)
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
3 tbs Grey Poupon
1/4 cup grated white onion
3/4-1 pound sliced or grated swiss cheese (I tore up pieces of sliced-less messy!)
3/4-1 pound of sliced ham
3 extra tbs of melted butter to brush on top of buns before cooking- just in case!

Let's get started!
Freeze bread for about 15 min before. (It will help you slice the bread in half better)
Set out large pieces of foil- big enough to fit a dozen rolls on, and to cover them with

Slice the rolls in half-

Place "open faced" on the foil-
 Next, mix together the butter, worch. sauce, and grey poupon. Heat up in the microwave, and stir together well. Using a small spoon, por a small amount on the insides of the top and bottom halves-
Sprinkle just a touch of onions over the open sandwiches-
 Now, place a small piecde of swiss on the bottom of each roll
- add 2-3 small pieces of ham
- top off with 2 small slices of swiss cheese
 -Place the tops of the rolls over the bottoms, arrange closer together on the foil.
-Completely optional-Lightly brush the extra melted butter over the tops (- don't pour too much because they could get soggy)
 -Fold foil over, and wrap up the edges well.
 -Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 min or until edges are crispt and starting to turn golden brown
 Enjoy- I know your guests will!



No comments:

Post a Comment