Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Healthy Chicken Tortilla Casserole


Wow! This might be my new favorite healthy meal!! I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it comes from a Betty Crocker recipe.
It has 58% less sat fat • 50% less fat • 27% fewer calories than the original Chicken tortilla recipe. Smart ingredient changes keep the flavor but cut the fat by 11 grams per serving. Who can argue with that?!!
On top of it being so good for you, Connor and were shocked at how delicious it was!
Let's get started!!
Here's what you'll need:
1 can of 98% fat free low sodium condensed cream of chicken soup (mine was only "low fat")
1 can diced green chiles
1 container of lite sour cream (8 oz)
1/2 cup skim milk
2 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast
8 yellow corn tortillas, torn up into bite size pieces
1 med green bell pepper, diced
1 large tomato, diced
1 1/2 cups 2% milk shredded cheese

-Preheat your oven to 350
-Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
-In one large bowl (I made the mistake of picking a medium bowl!), mix soup, chile's, sour cream and milk together until blended

-Stir in chicken, tortillas, and bell pepper
- Add in half of the cheese, stir until blended
-Spoon and spread mixture into baking dish

- cover with foil, bake for 35 min
-uncover, sprinkle with extra cheese, and cook for 5-10 more minutes, or until bubbly.



Serve, and enjoy!!!



3 comments:

  1. You do a great job with your posts and the pictures! The pictures really help us to understand the process and recipe. Thank you for sharing. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey, I love your blog! I'm going to make your healthy chicken tortilla casserole tonight. It sounds yummy! Please tell your Mom I said hello. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete