Monday, October 3, 2011

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Poppers


Raise your hand if you like spicy food! What about with bread? What about with cream cheese? What about food that's easy to make, AND looks fabulous? Are all hands raised? I thought they might be!

Sorry, I have been completely swamped with the first month of school under my belt, and I guess it's starting to seap into everything I do lately. Why am I surprised every year that it seems to take a month-or 2 to really get back into the swing of things?
Well, hopefully, I will be getting back into the swing of cooking again- because I honestly don't think I can eat another Ramen noodle soup for lunch. I must start making yummy things again- now!!
Which brings me to this fine little recipe I came across from yet again- Pinterest. I am changing the recipe up a bit though, because I thought it was pretty confusing the way it was written. I hope I can make it clearer for you. :)
These Jalapeno cream cheese poppers were super easy, and made great little finger foods at a party I went to recently. I am sure these would be a big hit at any party for you, too!
Let's get started!
Here's what you will need:
-1 package reduced fat cream cheese (if I can, I always try and use the lower fat version)
-4 oz diced jalapenos ( make life easy on yourself, use the kind in a jar!)
-1 tbs sugar
-8 oz crescent roll package

And yes, that is ALL of the ingredients!!!

 **Before you get started, place the crescent rolls into the freezer for 5-10 min. The dough will be lots easier to work with...
Here we go:
First off, in a medium bowl,  mix jalapenos with cream cheese well, and stir in the tablespoon of sugar.


 Next, open and unroll rolls into one (or 2 big) rectangles

 Now, spread the cream cheese mixture on to each rectangle using the back of your spoon.

 Roll it up into a "log".  Put the "log" into the freezer for a few minutes ( 5-10 minutes). It will be A LOT easier to cut that way...
Next, cut into small rounds, and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
 This second batch looks better than my first batch-and i think it is because I froze it before I cut...don't worry if they aren't all "pretty" they come out of the oven looking better than when they go in...
 Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 min or until they are a gorgeous golden color.
 I tried to see if the lighting was better outside... I couldn't decide, so I put included both :)


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment