Sunday, December 4, 2011

Green Bean Bundles


These little bundles of heaven are the best holiday side dishes- ever. Period. They are a staple in our household, and have been for years. Our sweet family friend, Joyce Logan introduced these little bundles of joy to our family when I was just a kid when she spent Thanksgiving with us one year. Ever since, everyone in my family makes sure that these are on the menu for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are so good!! Recently, I decided to make them for our fun supper club group, though- which was the first time I'd had them not on a holiday. Perfection again. These little babies go well with just about anything. Let's face it- when you wrap something up in bacon, it immediately makes it delicious-which these are. Oh, and when I asked my mom for the recipe, I was delighted to find out that it can also be found in the Junior League of Plano's Lone Star to Five Star cookbook!
Are you convinced? Well, how about the fact that they are so easy to make? Yeah, now I know you must be convinced.

Here's what you'll need:
Serves 8
-1 pound fresh green beans, blanched
-6 to 8 slices of bacon
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 garlic clove, crushed (or, I used 1 tsp minced garlic from the can)
-1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter


Let's get started!!!! Here's what you'll do:
-Arrange beans into bundles of about 6-8 green beans.
-Cut bacon slices in half and wrap 1/2 a slice around each bundle, securing with a toothpick. Place into a baking dish. (doesn't need to be greased)
-Mix brown sugar, butter, and garlic together in a measuring cup (Don't even mess with another bowl. make your clean up easier by adding the sugar and garlic to the melted butter). Pour mixture evenly over bundles
-Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Isn't that unbelievably easy to make?!



Here are the pictures with directions to help guide you along:
-Arrange beans into bundles of about 6-8 green beans.
-Cut bacon slices in half and wrap 1/2 a slice around each bundle, securing with a toothpick. Place into a baking dish. (doesn't need to be greased)


-Mix brown sugar, butter, and garlic together in a measuring cup (Don't even mess with another bowl. make your clean up easier by adding the sugar and garlic to the melted butter). Pour mixture evenly over bundles

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment