When I was a little girl, I can remember my Gram and P coming to visit often. (My mother's parents) I looooved those visits, and on some occasions, Gram would bring me this unbelievable pound cake that one of her little ol' friends up in Paris, Texas (probably even from one of the smaller towns outside of Paris) would make for her. I looooved that pound cake, and began to associate moist, warm, buttery pound cake with memories of visiting with my grandparents over breakfast. (Yes, they let me eat cake for breakfast- that's what grandparents do!! )
Anyway, I had been craving some really good pound cake for quite some time- so I did a little recipe "surfing", and found tons of variations. I even have my Gram's pound cake recipe with crisco and buttermilk that I am planning on trying this upcoming weekend! Stay tuned for that!
Well, this recipe that I found was yes, again, from Pinterest. According to the "pin", it is a Southern Living "Classic" recipe from years and years ago, so I figured it had to be good. AND IT WAS! Plus, it was seriously EASY to make!
Without any more trips down memory lane, lets get started!
Here's what you'll need:
1 1/2 cup butter
1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
I don't have pictures of the process because I was making it while we had our friends over for dinner and the Rangers game, sorry.
-First, use butter and a little bit of pam to completely coat your 10 inch bunt pan and make it nice a greasy, and preheat your oven to 300 degrees
-Next, using and electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together until mixed well.
-Gradually add the sugar until mixed
-Add eggs one at a time until all are mixed in
-Add in the 3 cups of flour and salt, gradually, mixing together well
- Finally, add in the vanilla, and mix until blended very well
-Pour the batter into your prepared bunt pan, and bake at 300 for 1 hour and 40 min. If you want to speed it up a bit, you can increase temp to 325, and cook for about 1 hour and 15 min
- Remove from oven when an inserted toothpick comes out (pretty much) clean
let it cool for about 10 min, remove from pan and let it continue to cook on parchment paper.
Mine had the fantastic crunchy layer on the bottom that tasted like candy, even though it wasn't super pretty to look at. I definitely kept that on there! Yummy!
Enjoy, and don't blame me when you are caught sneaking extra slices after your husband goes to bed... it is THAT GOOD! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment