Monday, August 1, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

This is such an easy thing to make, which is a good thing, because it is usually gone as soon as I'm done making it! I'll make it so we can snack on it all week instead of chips and hot sauce, but Connor eats this stuff by the spoon full, so leftovers usually aren't an option. :) It also makes a great side dish too.

Here's what you will need:
1 can low sodium black beans
1 can corn (I buy the Mexi or Southwest style corn)
1/2 red bell pepper
1/4 red onion (completely optional- it's good with and without)
2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped cilantro (add more if you love cilantro, like we do)
Juice of 1/2 a lime
garlic salt to taste (just add a dash, stir, try it, then add some more depending on your taste)

Drain the beans and corn, then add all ingredients together and stir. Told you it was easy!

  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment