Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pickapeppa!


I am so excited! Today I received a special package in the mail from my in-laws in Louisiana, more specifically, Connor's sweet Aunt Cheryl!  When I opened it, I found a dozen bottles of the most delicious sauces ever- Pickapeppa!
Let me explain: Connor's family, on his mother's side, are distributors for Pickapeppa sauces, so we are lucky to have an almost never ending supply of this stuff! Ya, that's probably the reason I married him... haha!

These are Jamaican sauces that can be used for so many different things, it's hard to name them all- but some of my favorite ways to use them are on chicken, pork, steak, shrimp, and poured over a block of cream cheese and eaten with crackers. Yum!

There are four different varieties of sauces: (named in order pictured from left to right)
Original(*Connor's favorite), Gingery Mango, Hot Mango, and Spicy Mango(*my personal favorite)
They are honestly all really good.. Cross my heart!


So now that I have these, what am I going to do with them? Well, I'm going to pull out a block of cream cheese, pour a little over it, and open and a bottle of wine tonight, that's for sure. But it would be a shame to only use Pickapeppa for that- it is so versatile that I am going to be brainstorming (the only kind of storms going on anywhere around here) a few new ways to use Pickapeppa sauces. Right now I'm trying to put together a concoction in my head that involves shredded chicken+Pickappa (any of the 4 sauces would work), and I'm trying to think what else I want to put in the mixture to maybe make a chicken melt over a sandwich roll... hum...chicken, cheese, bread, pickapeppa...yumm....

Well, we'll see where all this "brainstorming" takes me, so stay tuned for something new and yummy using Pickapeppa sauce!

2 comments:

  1. I use hot mango in shrimp stir fry all the time..and in homemade salad dressing. I want to try spicy mango!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MInnie, you are a genius! I will definitely try that next week!! Maybe I'll even use it to stir fry veggies- that might be interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete