Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chicken Orzo Pasta

I got this recipe from a friend of mine at work, and was hesitant to try it because  basil, spinach, and crasins mixed with chicken and pasta sounded like a rather odd mix, but she convinced me that it was so easy and delicious, so I tried it. Whoa! The flavors of each ingredient are so refreshing and come together unbelievable well. Connor and I joked tonight that the crasins felt like they were having a party in our mouths. I guess the heat is getting to us a little! ha!
This is such a perfect and easy weeknight dinner that is sure to please everyone! 

Here's what you'll need:
-one box of orzo pasta
-1 regular rotisserie chicken, shredded (tonight I baked 3 small chicken breasts then diced them with my slap chop and that worked really well!)
-2 cups of spinach torn up or chopped
-1 1/2 cups crasins
-1 tablespoon fresh basil
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste


First off, boil your pasta

While that's cooking, assemble your other ingredients- crasins, spinach, and basil

When pasta is done, drain it, and then add your shredded chicken

Add all remaining ingredients and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil

Stir until heated through and then serve.
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment