We received The Williams Sonoma Bride and Groom Cookbook at one of our wedding showers, so I thought it might be a good place to find something to make together. We finally decided on Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken breasts. (Probably because it sounds fancy, but was rated as a "simple to make" recipe)
So we headed off to Central Market (another one of my conditions on staying in to cook), where we had so much fun picking out organic goat cheese, and all kinds of other "central market-y" things. I love that place.
LONG story short, we made it, it was a success, and each time we've made it since, it has been a success.
Tonight, I was all set to make it again, except when I got out to cookbook, I realized i was missing some ingredients, so I needed to improvise and make this recipe my own! And let me tell you, I think it was better without some of the other ingredients and with my new additions. Without further ado...
Here's what you'll need:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
2 oz fresh goat cheese
4 thin slices of prosciutto
8 fresh sage leaves ( if they're big, use less, if small, use more)
olive oil to drizzle on the chicken, and 1/4 cup to cook chicken in
1-2 cups flour to coat chicken in
Let's get started!
Next, place each chicken breast between saran wrap or parchment paper, and pound lightly with a mallet, until each piece is about 3/4 inch thick
Coat the chicken in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can do this before or after stuffing it. I did it before. Your fingers get dirty both ways.
Now, time to stuff the chicken! Add about 1 1/2 tbs goat cheese, 1 slice of prosciutto, and 2 sage leaves.
This part was too messy to take step by step pictures, sorry. You just get one.
Heat 2 tbs oil in a frying pan on med heat. Dredge the chicken in the flour, completely coating it.
Next, place the chicken in the frying pan, and cook for 2 min on each side. I'm always paranoid about undercooking my chicken, so I put a lid on the pan- and- even cooked it a smidge longer-but my chicken was still very, very juicy.
Add more oil as needed to cook remaining chicken breasts.
And... you're done! Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment