This is my favorite way to make shrimp. Every time I've made it this way, it turns out perfectly, and doesn't stink up the house!
Basically, it is shrimp on a bed of couscous and spinach- (which tastes way more exciting than it sounds, I promise!) with a fresh salsa on the side. I got this recipe from Epicurious, and it called for the mango avocado salsa, but tonight I decided to make it with my black bean and corn salsa instead. Both are equally delicious, but the black bean and corn salsa is waaay easier to make!
Here's what you'll need for the shrimp part:
4 cups baby spinach
1 cup couscous
1 pound medium shrimp, pealed and deveined
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1 tbs olive oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
Mango Avocado Salsa:
1 large mango
1 med tomato
1/4 chopped onion
1/2 jalapeno chili, seeded and chopped, 1 tbs line juice
salt and pepper
Chop all ingredients and combine to make
OR
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1/2 chopped rep pepper
1 tbs lime juice
1 teaspoon garlic salt (I always add more!)
2 tbs fresh cilantro
Let's get started!
Pre-heat oven to 425
Fold 4 18 inch long pieces of foil in half, unfold, and coat with cooking spray
Place 1 cup spinach in the middle, next to the fold
Combine shrimp, cilantro, and oil together in a bowl.
Next, divide shrimp evenly among the packets on top of the couscous
Finally, fold the foil, pinching and sealing the sides
Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes at 425 degrees
Combine salsa ingredients and garnish on top of shrimp when done. Connor wanted to add avocado on it's own to his, so I tried it too. It was delicious!
Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment